My key findings from Linkedin Jobs Report:
- Low supply of talent for top jobs
- Tech skills are at the top, with machine learning engineer, data scientist, and big data engineers rank among the top emerging jobs
- Skills and the types of jobs are changing rapidly, where 65% of children entering primary school today will ultimately hold jobs that don’t yet exist
Fascinating read on how china is using machine learning, big data from private and government data sets to develop a credit score to create carrots and sticks to push the population in a particular direction.
- Similar to the USA, a review system would be helpful to allow those to contest inaccuracies in the financial or social credit system
- I would be concerned if one’s credit is related to one’s relationships
- Cheap computing, and technology to gather and process large data sets makes this possible
- China is correct by ensuring that this monitoring is not in the control of a couple of corporations, on the other hand this is a concern that the government has access to this information.
- Amazing out Alipay, and mobile apps payment is so prevalent compared to the USA
Rather than sit through a really boring statistics class, get a good introduction and foundation to apply to your programming project:
This video is courtesy of Microsoft and Edx.org, DAT203.1x, Data Science Essentials
Watch these 8 short videos from a Duke data science professor.