Vanguard, has low fees for retirement and investment brokerage accounts: https://investor.vanguard.com/corporate-portal/
They posted a blog post recently on lessons we can learn from Vanguard Retirees:
- Plan and be aware of taxes
- Think about what you want to do when you retire
- Know how you want to handle debt such as a home mortgage
- Delay taking social security
- Plan for the unexpected
- Think long term when investing and saving
Also, I really found these quotes inspiring:
Live below your means. Who cares what your friends have? You don’t know how they sleep at night. -Paula M.
My wealthy uncle told me three wise words about investing: “Do it now.” Waiting is deadly. -Harlan G.
There is so much that’s out of our control (housing appreciation, market returns, etc.). But our savings rate and where/how we invest our earnings is entirely within our control! -Katrina B.
You can do it. Don’t forget to help others along the way. No one will care about your money more than you. -Alan W.