Fascinating read on how china is using machine learning, big data from private and government data sets to develop a credit score to create carrots and sticks to push the population in a particular direction.
- Similar to the USA, a review system would be helpful to allow those to contest inaccuracies in the financial or social credit system
- I would be concerned if one’s credit is related to one’s relationships
- Cheap computing, and technology to gather and process large data sets makes this possible
- China is correct by ensuring that this monitoring is not in the control of a couple of corporations, on the other hand this is a concern that the government has access to this information.
- Amazing out Alipay, and mobile apps payment is so prevalent compared to the USA