I have had my site on for about 3 months. During that time my stats look pretty abysmal, but somehow I am getting visitors!
Part of the reason, I have mainly been promoting my posts only on Twitter. However, I should consider where does my target audience consumer their contact, and how can I reach them in an effective way.
WordPress, has a pretty good intro on getting more views: https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-more-views-and-traffic/
Here is a summary of the article:
- Post of more social networks
- Make your blog content visible for indexing by search engines
- Promote small by starting with informing friends, and family
- Use appropriate tags and categories
- Read and comment on other blogs relevant to your content
- Write regularly. Now I am trying to write posts and schedule them for Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- DailyPost, a Wordpress page to help you with your writing: https://dailypost.wordpress.com/
- Learn from the experts with WordPress’ Blogging University: https://dailypost.wordpress.com/blogging-university/branding-growth/
Create content, learn, and enjoy the journey.
What has been effective for driving traffic to your website?